Individualized Dosing - Banner
Individualized Dosing - 1
WAPPS-Hemo (Web-Accessible Population Pharmacokinetics Service – Hemophilia)
Optimizing hemophilia A care through individualized therapy with WAPPS-Hemo app
Did you know that you can optimize one-third of your hemophilia A patients' treatment regimens by applying pharmacokinetic (PK) data?1
WAPPS-Hemo, which takes a PK approach to treating patients with hemophilia A, makes it easier for you to individualize treatment regimens that are better suited for your patients. In fact, tailoring treatment to individual characteristics is an effective way to increase the clinical benefits of hemophilia care.1
According to the Medical and Scientific Advisory Council (MASAC)2:
Therapy should be instituted early, with the aim of keeping the trough factor VIII (FVIII) or factor IX (FIX) level above 1% between doses. Optimal dosing and frequency should be determined for each individual by appropriate laboratory monitoring.
Discover the advantages of WAPPS-Hemo
- A web-based service that allows you to obtain individualized FVIII or FIX estimates for your patients with hemophilia
- Based on a population PK approach
Requires minimal patient characteristics and patient samples to be entered into a secure database
- Only 2 to 3 blood draws are required for a robust estimation of individual PK parameters
- Has the advantage of a web-based calculator that forecasts individual PK parameters
- Available free of charge
Individualized Dosing - 2.5
Learn more about WAPPS-Hemo from a healthcare provider
Hear from a hematologist as she shares her experiences with WAPPS-Hemo and describes how it has helped to empower both her and her patients with hemophilia A.
Individualized Dosing - 3
Adult case study
Pediatric case study
Individualized Dosing - 4
myWAPPS app for your patients
With the myWAPPS app, patients can view real-time estimates of their factor level at any time, online or offline, based on their individual PK study.
By activating the myWAPPS app for your patients on the WAPPS-Hemo website, you'll help your patients:
- Monitor estimated factor levels, including estimated future levels
- Receive reminders when it's time for an infusion
- Receive notifications when factor levels may be dropping to the low zone
myWAPPS is now available in Apple's App Store and Google Play.
myWAPPS is sponsored by an unrestricted grant from Bayer.